Wednesday, July 1, 2015

:tired until hired:

The need and urge to get a new day job is at the forefront of my mind right now, so much so that I feel I have to put as much of my other activities aside until I solve this problem, the sooner the better. The main issue, as with most other things, is time management. So I hope I can "fit in" my creative pursuits as well while I'm doing this, but the job thing must take precedence. And also try not to hate the whole concept of money while I'm at it, and how we can't pursue all that we want to without it. It can really drive you mental if one thinks about it for too long.

I usually read for pleasure, but I'll have to put aside my fiction books for awhile and finally finish the job books that I bought at the start of the year. One is this year's edition of "What Color is Your Parachute?" I bought last year's edition too, but never finished it. Pathetic. I won't let that happen again this year. The goal is a new job before summer's end.



I managed to get to Boston's Museum of Fine Arts this past Sunday. No real reason other than I hadn't been there in a few years. You definitely need a whole day to see everything, and I managed to do pretty well. I still wish that it had later hours on Saturdays. It was a rainy day, so many other people had the same idea, but thankfully not as many there as when they have their free admission days.

I found myself drawn to the Indian and Egyptian art at first. I hope to see some of both in their actual countries of origin some day. My Kali artwork research continues.



Not being much of a painter (yet?) I found much to be impressed by in the older works on display. I seem to prefer realism to more abstract works, although I appreciated the Picassos more than I did when I was younger. Primarily because he was such a trail-blazer. I still wonder if anything new is really possible, art-wise.


Amidst all this turmoil, I managed to submit artwork to another gallery show, this one concerning photos taken with toy cameras. I've only used my Holga once, but chose shots from that. I hope to take it out again this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment