Wednesday, December 30, 2015

:one page left:

We sometimes give time more power than it really deserves, especially on the psuedo-holiday of New Year's Eve. The social pressure to do something, anything to mark it can get overwhelming, when it's really nothing more than a calendar page change. Even a momentous one like 1999 to 2000 was a bit underwhelming in the end, although I did amuse myself by watching the new year transverse the globe with no disasters occurring like many thought would ("New Zealand's still here..."). Not even a Y2K bug. That said, I think I chose the stay home alone option maybe once in the past twenty years, but that's easy to do when you have no significant other.


That said, I do have plans for the new year, certainly in the creative side of my life and I'm sure I'll get to talking about most of them in here in the coming weeks. For now I'm finishing up the initial edits on shots from the October photoshoot, and we'll see where I go from there in the new year.


After an unseasonably warm Xmas, winter has finally arrived, and one thing I plan to do while likely being snowbound at some point is work on more Homunculus dolls. I haven't made a new one since 2013, and I'd like to see if I can get a gallery show for all of them again. The last time that they were all together in one space was in 2009.


See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment