Wednesday, December 23, 2015

:coasting downhill:

More shots from the October photoshoot. This was at the end of it, when a wooden skull was the prop, and things got sillier, as you'll see.


As the year winds down, naturally people are looking both at the past year and what the new one could bring. I still tend to re-examine where I'm at at the start of every month, but a new year is a typical place for bigger plans, though I don't consider them resolutions. I'm sure I'll have a year-in-review entry soon too.


One thing I need to address is stepping up my photography skills. I believe that I am improving but can still do so much better, and I know a lot of it has to do with technical knowhow. Exposure settings still aren't a natural skill for me.


Instead of hoarding objects, unfortunately I tend to be a hoarder of information, which is even easier in the digital age. I will download guides and tips and they remain unread, so that needs to be addressed. I saved them for a good reason, one would hope.


Another issue is the long-delayed website redesign. It's been far too long, and there's no good excuses other than too many options to choose from, minimal coding skill, and no money to pay someone else to do it. So that needs to become a priority.

Linked to that is this blog, I suppose. I've gotten to the point where I've done a weekly entry without fail, which personally I think is impressive. And while it's partially for myself, to track progress and such, the lack of any sort of feedback is a letdown at times. Comments are allowed below, you should try it out sometime. I believe it can even be done anonymously if you so wish. Otherwise I'll have to consider abandoning this at some point in the coming year. One can yell into the void for only so long before tiring of waiting for a reply back.

3 comments:

  1. I always read your blog, even eventually. Keep up the good work. Don't ever doubt your abilities and keep putting yourself out there.
    J~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I think part of the issue is that the already solitary life of being an artist can get a bit too solitary at times.

      Delete