Wednesday, April 1, 2015

:pencil trails:

So my desktop computer has been returned to me and all is well, so far. I got it upgraded to at least OS X Mountain Lion, as I'm not sure I like what I've seen about Mavericks or especially Yosemite. From what I've been reading and seeing about the latter, it appears to be the Apple equivalent to Vista. No thanks. And iTunes 12 looks like a disaster too, so I'm going to hold onto 11 for as long as I can.

It already seems much speedier, I guess my hard drive was on its way out after all and it wasn't just Chrome that sucked. Good thing I did this before it actually died.

I finished the drawing I was working on last week, but of course had nothing to scan it into. Actually looking at the scans below, a better scanner might be in my future too. A lot of the subtleties of pencil aren't translated too well.


One of my favorite things to draw is hair, so obviously longer styles are a preference to me, it flows like water on the paper from the pencil point.


I copied this as is from a photograph, without adding any distortions or interpretations of my own. Just seeing if I still have the skill at this point. So more credit goes to the original photographer. As I said before, this is one of the infamous Suicide Girls, this one goes by the moniker Idunn. I'm unsure if you'll be able to view much of her page if you're not a member. And also as I've said before, I wouldn't mind a photoshoot with her either.


I consider copying a photograph more of a skill than a talent, so other than using it to keep in practice, it doesn't impress me much personally, but I'm flattered of course if people like the end results. I'll need to get back into adding more of a personal touch or altering parts when I use photos as source material again.

Looking ahead to April, one thing I really must do, and it's long past overdue, is to overhaul my main website. It's not even remotely smartphone-friendly, and that's essential these days. I just get immobilized by too many choices, like many things in life, so I just need to narrow it down and choose something. I really just want a functional online gallery at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment