Wednesday, October 22, 2014

:plotting:

I'm continuing to work on shots from this month's photoshoot. I'm again pleased with the results, and how quickly I'm going through the post-editing of them. Partially because I'm not changing much, which means I may actually be getting the hang of this photography thing. But, always learning. We both look forward to the next one, which may get more arty and conceptual, maybe even just be in black & white. These aren't as "dark" as my normal work, but I'm not bothered by that. Even though you rarely see the color pink in my work (not in this week's shots either).


One reason for the urge to finish these soon, other than I'm enjoying it, is that next month I intend to participate in NaNoWriMo again, and that will take up most of my time. I attempted it once before, but didn't finish within the month, partially because I was living in an awful place. I still think it's a story worth finishing some day, though. Perhaps I'll put an excerpt from it up here next week. I've been trying to find an affordable laptop, so I don't have to only write from home (much easier to keep track of word count on a computer than the handwritten way, for one reason), but "affordable" and "laptop" have thus far not appeared together in my search. I'll try craigslist and eBay before I give up.


As stated previously, a main reason for this shoot was to get some nude shots, and we did, but the model has thus far decided not to have the more exposing ones online, and I respect that. This wasn't for any sort of assignment or gallery show, and we both see it as "practice" for future ones. I will tease you further however, by saying that the shots in question are grrrreat, in my opinion.

But she has allowed the photo below, and I'm glad, because it's one of my favorites, and sums up the mood of the shoot for me in one shot. Seriously, look at that smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment