Wednesday, April 16, 2014

:on the wall:

It's already half over and I've hardly started this month's project, so my time management skills still need work, although truth be told other things have come up like they always do. I'm just trying to do my best to work around and through them, but I really work best when my mind is as close to stable as I can manage, and some days that's just not happening. I can at least talk about what I have planned and hope I finish it by the end of the month.

I toyed with the idea of doing a pin-up sort of drawing at the end of last month, and I think I'll still attempt that. I've made attempts in the past, in my own twisted way of course -

 

- but I'd like to attempt to do something more traditional, like in the style of Gil Elvgren:


I'm not so adept at painting, so my idea was to take a photo from the shoot I did last August, and work over it in Painter and Photoshop. I think that there were many good shots from that shoot, but couldn't be salvaged as photos because of some background elements that would take way too long to remove. So wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment