Wednesday, June 5, 2013

:unstuck:

I didn't write an entry last week, it was not a good time for me in many ways, which of course affects the creativity. I still feel a bit stuck and am doing my best to get out of it. It's not as easy as some may think. I'm likening it to a sports injury, you have to wait to get better before you can proceed as you did before. Having spent a fair amount of time practicing taekwondo in the past, I know what that's like.

At least I'm still keeping up with my sketch-a-day book. I've only missed one day this year. I don't know what half the things I draw in there "mean," I'm just trying to get something, anything down on paper, and stretch out those creative muscles. I feel like I'm on an event horizon, something's going to surface and flower soon, which is probably a really mangled metaphor.


No comments:

Post a Comment