Wednesday, February 22, 2012

:skin and shadow:

I made a long overdue return to figure drawing this week, something I want to do at least once a month. There's no shortage of such sessions in the area if you know where to look. I was amused to find that the place it was held in was in a building that I pass every day on the way to work and often thought, "they should put artists' studios in there."


I prefer the longer poses so that I can get more detail in, but the shorter ones are necessary to warm up, for both the model and the artists. Actually the original model cancelled at the last minute, so one of the artists stepped in, but I'm guessing this wasn't her first time doing so.

Once again I fail to note the passage of time while drawing, which is a sensation all too lacking during, say, the day job. Thankfully somebody keeps track of it, 5 minutes pass before you know it and I know I couldn't hold some of these poses for very long either.

I of course also take note of the studio we're in and dream of having a similar setup myself, someday, soon.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment