Wednesday, October 12, 2011

:click and crack:

I'm recovering from a root canal tonight. For the sensation of somebody excavating within your jaw, I heartily recommend it. Here's hoping the tooth will be saved, I can't afford another implant, but neither do I want a gap in my mouth.

Sketching when I can but nothing worthy to show you. I find I'm still doing more photography, glad that I take my point and shoot everywhere, you never know what you'll run into. Although I really need a digital SLR camera, if only for more control over the pictures, like depth of field. I try to use what I have, though. I think I get pretty damn good results for what is available to me. I still feel pangs of jealousy when I see tourists with fancy cameras (or TWO) taking pictures of buildings. Once we had shoeboxes full of photos that no one will ever see, now we have hard drives full of them. Although I try to get my photos out there as much as possible (see my flickr page).

I look at the prices for such cameras and wonder how "ordinary" people can afford them. Trying to figure out a way to get one. Kickstarter? Would people give me money to buy a camera? I need to investigate further. Even used prices are several hundred dollars out of my range and I need to save money more for my eventual move.


No comments:

Post a Comment