Wednesday, November 4, 2015

:nanowrimo week one:

Technically it's only been four days of  NaNoWriMo and not a week, but eh. Currently I'm at 13,287 words. Don't drop your jaws, that's because I'm finishing up a story I had started in 2009. Right now I'm going through what I had already written and breaking the rules by editing it before I move forward. But it's nice to have a jump start. I've already found that it was a bit difficult to write on breaks at work like I did last year. We'll see if that changes. I'll probably do the majority of my writing on the weekends, most likely in coffee shops and libraries again, just to at least get out of the apartment.


I already see that my characters will need a bit more fleshing out, and I of course already have favorites. Deleted some dated references, even though I didn't stamp a year on the story, and it's supposed to take place in a near future. Don't have a precise ending in mind just yet, either. But then I didn't have one in mind when I had started last year's novel either. It's interesting to see where it can come from. It's true sometimes that the story writes itself.


In other news, I honestly had forgotten that I had contributed artwork for a book about Krampus, who is becoming so well-known that a movie about him is coming out this holiday season. But then I received several copies of the book in question yesterday. Sadly that's my "payment" for it, but the man behind it was persuasive, and I also figured, fuck it, he had actually sought me out for it, so that's flattering. And there's always hope that it could lead to other things.

I also currently have artwork on display in a library in Warwick, Rhode Island amongst other artists. I don't have the full details available at hand right now. I did have some trouble finding "library safe" artwork amongst my more recent work.

No comments:

Post a Comment