Thursday, June 13, 2013

:clothing optional:

I revisited the Boston chapter of Dr. Sketchy last weekend, haven't been there since last year. Hopefully I'll go more than once a year if I can help it. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it's a figure drawing session, but done in places like night clubs (Great Scott in Allston in this case), and the models are often  non-traditional ones like burlesque performers. So instead of starting out unclothed they end up that way (well, not completely, but pasties & panties are close enough).

The model this time was one Allix Mortis. She actually started out in a grim reaper costume. Those were for the minute and two minute long poses I'm afraid, so I don't think any of them worthy of inclusion here. Figure drawing sessions often start out with quick poses like these so this event is no exception. Gradually they move up to longer ones, 5, 10, 15 minute ones.

I felt she had a very expressive face so I often focused on that in my drawings, which is unusual in that one usually is more focused on the body and pose, at least what I've seen at such sessions. So a few times I ran out of time and didn't complete the entire rendering.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment