Wednesday, November 26, 2014

:nanowrimo week four:


In the home stretch of NaNoWriMo now, I'm at 43,500 words tonight, and we're supposed to reach 50,000 by Sunday night, the 30th. I'm pretty confident that I'll make it, although it helps that I won't be back at the dayjob until Monday. I do have to deal with Thanksgiving tomorrow, though. We'll see how the folks deal with me working on the laptop after the meal. But it'll be better than vegging out. I'd probably end up watching MST3K's Turkey Day instead anyway.

With excellent timing, I'm just hitting the real dark part of the story that I've been putting off for too long, perhaps. Why? I've grown attached to the main character, and now I don't want these awful things to happen to her. Crazy how that happens. I've also found that I really enjoy writing dialogue, because it's now flowing from the characters mouths so easily. I've even had random people come up to them just so I can write more. I'm sure some editor will say, "what was the point of that scene??"

I also found myself choosing locales for the visual aspect, thinking, how would this look if it were a movie, but I'm getting waaaay ahead of myself there, of course. I had the main character go to New Orleans for no real reason other than for a change of scenery. Ideally she'd have gone to England, but I've never been there. So I got to revisit my memories of New Orleans with her.

So next week should hopefully be the wrap-up of all this then we're heading back to visual art.

No comments:

Post a Comment