Wednesday, January 16, 2013

:you are what you is:

I've been pondering lately the whole idea of artist statements...namely, that I need to write one. I don't know about you, but when I read most of them my eyes tend to glaze over or roll up into my head. Not  a pretty sight. But apparently they are "required" and I guess it's to help people to realize what they're looking at when they see your art? I'm still figuring out the "why" part here. I'm going to do my best to create one for myself over the next few weeks or month, but I need to seriously look at my artwork and try to figure out just what the hell I'm doing, and then tell you about it. So these notes are mainly for me but if you have any insights into about what my art "is," feel free to share them with me.

- why do you make art?
- what inspires you to make it?
- what does it signify or represent?
- how do you make it, with what materials?
- what does it mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment