Wednesday, May 30, 2012

:the mirror lies:

The apartment mess continues, it looks like June is the final month before they plan to impose the ridiculous rent increases. The tenant organization is still fighting, which is admirable, but as I've said, I've been trying to move out even before the slumlord took over. As long as I'm here I'll fight - I have no choice, really, I can't afford any increase - but if I find a place I am so OUT of here. As usual any hints or help are welcome/needed. My online searching is getting tiresome and frustrating. I think I may start packing soon even without having a place, just to get a jump on it and to let the Universe know I mean business.

Aaaaand the usual disclaimer applies, this mess does not lend itself to creativity, so I am wasting away in that respect. It's quite distressing. Some people may be able to what they do under any circumstance, but I am not that person. I am stronger than I used to be, but it's not enough.

I've given some thought to, no idea why, self-portraits. I am not my biggest fan; if people tag me on Facebook I untag the pictures instantly. I rarely if ever see a flattering picture of me, or I guess more accurately, one that matches my self-image. I do not like what my hair is currently like, yet I am not the type to suddenly get a new style. Haircuts are traumatic in general for me. At one point I was only getting one a year.

Who knows, doing this sort of project may get me over such thinking. Something else to add to The List after I get a new place to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment