Wednesday, March 28, 2012

:branded:

One thing holding up my website redesign, other than lack of coding skills (though I have Dreamweaver now) and indecision about the design in general, and, yep, lack of time, is the desire to redesign my logo for it. I've been told by some that this is not reason enough for delay, but logo = identity, so I want to get it right, though of course I can change it next year if I want. Given my current rate of change, that's not likely.
the current logo
It's still going to involve a frog skeleton (why? the original design had a cute frog, I don't really do "cute" anymore), now I just need to find which of the 872 typefaces I have on my computer to use with it. It's also going to be a watermark for online images, so more reason to choose wisely. I'm still clinging to the hope that watermarks prevent online theft of images.

Thankfully I found a quick way to look through them all. There was a time when I was grabbing as many free fonts as I could, back when I was doing fliers for Ceremony. Thankfully I learned quickly to limit the number of fonts on one flier, I can spot somebody's first attempt at a flier by that reason. Remember those giant rave fliers from the 90s? You could hallucinate just by looking at them.

I also found that the longer you look at one word - in this case, "sponge" - the more unreal it becomes, like the letters are not in the right order. Stare at the word "the" for any great length of time, see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment