Wednesday, August 6, 2014

:kaleidoscope:

Tired of saying it, but Real Life intruding upon the scarce free time that I do have, and so very little time for creativity this past week. I may have to actually start scheduling it now. But there's always time for a little doodle or sketch or writing, it's not an easy thing for me to turn off anyways.

One new thing was "accidentally" discovering some settings on my new point and shoot camera, which, you may or may not recall, I bought to replace my older one because I found that even the camera in my cell phone was more powerful than that one.

The documentation that came with the newer one was quite sparse, but since it was also a Canon, there wasn't much of a learning curve for me. There is a PDF of a larger guide that I clearly need to read now, since I just stumbled across these settings recently. There's a setting specifically for fireworks, which I wish I had known about when I did photograph some fireworks on the 4th of July weekend.

"Vivid colors" does pretty much what you'd expect. The water truly was not this blue.


"Toy camera"


...and the already overused "miniature" effect. I'll have the find the right subject matter for it.


And again, Vivid Light turns nature into a psychedelic explosion.


I should be visiting more islands this weekend, we'll see what I discover and photograph there.

No comments:

Post a Comment