Wednesday, November 13, 2013


Working away at shots from the last photoshoot. I was trying several different settings on the camera, still learning the ins and outs. I found it curious that some of the settings that were recommended for what I was doing seemed to give the shots a blueish cast, which didn't look awful, but not what I was aiming for. That was easily enough corrected, though.

I am pleased that I am doing minimal corrections with each new shoot, but the ultimate aim is to not have to do any at all, unless I'm seriously altering them, and unlike other photos I've done in the past, I find that I don't want to go too crazy here. Although there is still the possibility of further work on them down the line. I don't think I'm done with the pics from the August shoot either.

While I do do some touch-ups to the models' appearances, I try not to go overboard. Unless the concept calls for it, I don't want to alter reality too much here. Of course I want them to be flattering, but I'm not a fan of what I see a lot of where the model's skin looks as smooth as plastic. It's images like that that give people self-esteem issues, I'm sure, even though it's common knowledge by now how much digital alteration goes on these days.

However we get to the end result, I'm fine with it as long as we enjoy it while we're doing it.