Wednesday, August 12, 2015

:missionary:

Regular readers of this blog (and I'd like to believe that there are a few) might notice that I sometimes write more about creating than actually creating at times. I'm really trying to fix this, though it's odd that I should have to. It's still something that I enjoy, so I don't know why it should be difficult to begin at times. I can blame "adult" stuff getting in the way, as obviously I didn't have such worries when I spent hours drawing as a child, but I still don't know when I'm supposed to finally feel like an adult, even at my age, which I'm not sharing.

I just have to make it a daily habit somehow. I keep reading about writers (which I've had experience doing as well) setting aside a set amount of time a day to write, no matter what comes out at these sessions. So I'm feeling if I can't find time to draw for 15 minutes to half an hour a day, then I have no right calling myself an artist. Things may come up and get in the way; they always do, but I'm going to do my best. I've tried to draw on breaks at work, but that place is so uninspiring, very little fruit was born during such sessions. I made some attempts last night, including some ideas for the Kali piece that is crawling along in my mind, I need to get it out onto paper or monitor.



Still investigating further print options, I received one on glass recently. Like the metal print, it's best seen in person, but I think you at least get the idea of the reflective qualities here.


One of the gallery shows that I'm in had a reception last week that I went to briefly. I'm not always sure how to act at these events, especially when my artwork is only one of many others, as opposed to a show of entirely my work. It's not like I'd hover by my piece and hope people that will ask about it, although of course I watched for reactions at times. At another show, which is at work, I actually got complimented by someone on the pieces that I had on display, and the possibility of purchasing them. Now I just need to think of a price.

Making art is a solitary activity, but I still hope to find others that I can relate to and associate with. It's still a struggle. I'm actually going to attempt to meet with a group of Instagramers tomorrow and see how that goes.

I'll mention again that this blog is set up to allow comments, so it'd be nice to get some now and again. If you choose to do so anonymously, at least sign or initial your comment so I know that you're human. Assuming that I'm human as well. Blush response.

No comments:

Post a Comment