Wednesday, June 3, 2015

:laced:

Continuing to work on the drawing based on a photo I took. The inking part was easy enough, the rest will be done on computer.


The outfit has quite a bit of lacy material and my original intention was to draw it all. I sketched it out in pencil, it looked fairly well in parts...but not well enough. One goal with artwork this year, thanks to the usual lack of time allowed for it, is to not make it more complicated than necessary. So I went back to the original photo and used the threshold feature in Photoshop to get it down to as much basic black & white as possible.


And from there I added it as a layer and combined it with the drawing. Still more work has to be done on it than seen here, of course.


"Cheating?" Perhaps one way of looking at it, but I'm thinking more of it as using whatever process possible to get the work done more efficiently. Certainly it'd be more impressive if I had drawn all that lace myself, and I did make several attempts, but after much erasing I felt that was expending too much time on that part. 

Okay, back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment