Wednesday, November 5, 2014

:nanowrimo week one:


Technically it's only been five days, but close enough. I'm just under 7,000 words so far. Some people are already above 10,000, but I think perhaps some of them don't have day jobs in the way. I've been taking my laptop to work to do some writing on my limited break time. Every little bit helps.

I also went out with my laptop on the weekend to try to live the cliche and work in coffee shops. I went to various ones, with various success, depending on the ambience and such. Like at work, thank goodness for headphones. I reeked of coffee by the end of the day, though, and I've never drank the stuff.

I'm still setting up characters and themes. Right now if you read it you wouldn't know who the main characters are, although I know at least two of them so far. Still not sure how I'm going to stretch it to novel length. I've definitely read my share of stories that could've been much shorter.

Since a lot of it has to do with extreme emotions, I've tried to put myself in the mindset of the different characters to write them better, and it's not always been pleasant. I've drawn from personal experiences and others that I've observed.

Already my eyes are going buggy from this so I have to pace myself better. Although obviously the weekend will have to be marathon sessions to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment