Thursday, April 5, 2012

:snake charmer:

For some reason I've had Medusa on the mind, and have been toying with artwork of her. Depending on which account you read, she was either born that way as one of the three Gorgons, or she was turned that way by a jealous Athena (which makes one wonder, why were the Greek gods so insecure? Always turning humans into something else on a whim and then there's Zeus, horndogging it after almost anything in a short toga).

So I had it in my mind, what would her reaction be when the change happened? Quite a bit of shock, I'd say. This is only a rough idea of that. Let's see where this goes.


3 comments:

  1. You don't there would have been an element of fear of herself? I'm not necessarily afraid of snakes, but I think if I had several, on my head... I'd be petrified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assuming that viewing herself in a mirror would turn her to stone too, she'd be "petrified" alright!

      I don't know, trying to put myself into a different mindset is something I'm trying here...I don't think I'm very good at depicting facial expressions.

      Delete
  2. Odd because I was thinking that your facial expression here was strong... Sadness with a hint of fear - If that's what you were going for. At least, that's what I see. I like this rough start... She appears really young in this drawing too.

    ReplyDelete